Sunday, January 1, 2012

My New Year's Dedication.

For God, Maker of the heavens and the earth and the very breath that fills my lungs on this day, January 1st, 2012. This year belongs to You. Every day, hour, second that You have given me, I return to You. You have my permission, Lord. No, not just my permission--I'm begging you, Father. To break me, mess me up, lead me wherever You will. Into happiness or suffering, laughter or tears, pleasure or pain. I am not asking for an easy year, not seeking a comfortable one. Yes, my flesh would like that; that is why a part of me is afraid to hand this year over. For although I know Your plans are beautiful, beautiful things rarely come with ease. But that is what I really want, Abba, deep in my Spirit. That is what I am asking for: a year of beautiful things. A year in which my life is wholly Yours, to twist and shape and set ablaze. Only, grant me the faith to trust You in the flames. Because whatever comes next, this year is for You. Anoint it with the oil of Your Presence, seal it with the blazing mark of Your holiness. And may this year be merely the beginning of many more wondrous things to come for the glory of Your Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment