Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"God, I'm Scared."

This is what the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel, says: 


Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight. I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness. I carried you on eagles' wings and brought you to myself.


In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength. Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart. See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me. I, even I, am he who comforts you. Who are you that you fear mortal men, the sons of men, who are but grass, that you forget the LORD your Maker, who stretched out the heavens and laid the foundations of the earth? 


Do you think I'm weak? I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told. Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do amazing things among you. What I have said, that will I bring about; what I have planned, that will I do. You know with all your heart and soul that not one of all the good promises of the LORD your God has failed. Every promise has been fulfilled; not one has failed. You will now see whether or not what I say will come true for you. 


Be strong and courageous. Do not be fainthearted or afraid; do not be terrified or give way to panic before them. They will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you to rescue and save you. The LORD your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory. The LORD your God, who is among you, is a great and awesome God. He will never leave you nor forsake you. The battle is the LORD's.


Now go! Do not say, "I am only a child." You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you. I will go before you and will level the mountains; I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron. I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name. The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. Whether you turn to the right or the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. I will help you speak, and I will teach you what to say. Call to me and I will tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. The LORD is with you, mighty warrior. Be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.  

I will listen to what God the LORD will say; he promises peace to his people, his saints. I know, O LORD, that a man's life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps. But LORD, you are my shield, my wonderful God who gives me courage. No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame. I can lie down and go to sleep, and I will wake up again, because the LORD gives me strength. Thousands of troops may surround me, but I am not afraid. No, the LORD is all I need. He takes care of me. My share in life has been pleasant; my part has been beautiful.

*Compiled from: Exodus 4:12, Exodus 19:4, Numbers 11:23, Deuteronomy 7:21, Deuteronomy 20:3-4, Deuteronomy 31:6, Joshua 3:5, Joshua 23:14, Judges 6:12, 1 Samuel 17:47, 1 Chronicles 28:20, 2 Chronicles 15:7, Psalm 3:5-6, Psalm 25:3, Psalm 85:8, Isaiah 30:15, Isaiah 30:21, Isaiah 41:13, Isaiah 42:1, Isaiah 45:2-3, Isaiah 46:11, Isaiah 49:15, Isaiah 51:12, Isaiah 58:11, Jeremiah 1:5, Jeremiah 1:7-8, Jeremiah 10:23, Jeremiah 15:20, Jeremiah 29:11, Jeremiah 31:3, Jeremiah 33:3, & Habakkuk 1:5.

No comments:

Post a Comment