Sunday, June 19, 2011

To the Best Dad in the Whole World:

Happy Father's Day, God! I just wanted to tell You, especially since today is a day to celebrate our dads, how much I love You and how happy I am to be Your daughter. I even thought about getting You one of those singing cards, or one of the funny ones with a penguin on the front, but I figured You would rather have my heart. So I'm giving it to You, again. I know I have given it to You many times, and sometimes I take pieces of it back because I am afraid or selfish. And I'm sorry. I want You to have all of my heart, Daddy. 

I also wanted to say thank you, because that is another good thing about Father's Day--it reminds us to remember and appreciate everything our dads have done for us. So thanks for everything, Dad. For dancing with me and singing over me and carrying me on Your shoulders and giving me hugs and showering me with gifts and holding my hand and telling me I'm beautiful. Thanks for loving me more than anyone else ever has or will, and for teaching me to love my brothers and sisters and neighbors the way You do. When I grow up, I want to be just like You!  

Love, Your Daughter, Alyssa :) 

P.S. Since I didn't get You a singing card, I decided I should at least get you a song:  


No comments:

Post a Comment