Saturday, June 23, 2012

When All Hell Breaks Loose.

You are not alone.

Chances are, I have no idea what you're going through. You could explain it to me, and maybe I'd get a glimpse of the pain you're experiencing. I could hold and comfort you, but unless I had experienced your exact set of circumstances, I wouldn't understand. Not really. 

But there's a God who I does. I know you've heard it all before, but please. Just listen. I'm talking about a God who understands exactly what you're going through. A God who has experienced it for Himself. 

Suffering is the result of living in a world broken by sin. And Jesus bore the punishment of sin. On that cross, He experienced every kind of suffering a human being could possibly go through. That pain you feel right now, He's already felt it--on the day He died to save you.

The Enemy has spent a lot of time convincing you that you're alone. Because alone, we are powerless. He's messed with your emotions, whispering that God is distant and no one understands. It's a lie. 

God moved Heaven and Earth so He could be beside you right now. And He knows. He knows how much it hurts. He knows your weakness. He knows your fears. He's not gonna leave. His arms are wrapped tight around you. 

Take heart, Beloved. He's already defeated this. The victory is yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment