Friday, June 8, 2012

The Trouble With Pot-Watching.

I just want to keep driving, sometimes. Follow the road until the horizon swallows me whole.

Impatience is the desire for movement, restrained. The racehorse, throwing its body against the starting gate, eyes rolling upward, praying for gunfire. It is a moment, stretching into eternity.

How much strength does it take to restrain a movement? More than the strength required for the movement itself. The dam must be stronger than the river.

Maybe that is why I am so tired. Maybe that is why I feel like screaming.

Oh, God. All this attention to feelings, but one thought of You, and the world contracts to simplicity. I know that I am safe. I know that this moment is beautiful and good. And when it passes, the gate will spring open, the dam will crumble, and together we will reach for that horizon.


No comments:

Post a Comment