Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Dear God,

I've been seesawing a lot lately. A kind of calm one minute, then an overwhelming stress-attack the next.

This morning, I'm okay. On the couch, sipping my vanilla cappuccino. It's sunny outside. A plane is flying by overhead. The only other sounds are the rhythmic heartbeat of the clock on the wall and the constant whir of the ceiling fan.

Thank You for being God no matter which way the seesaw tips. You remain faithful, in spite of the fickleness of my focus. You are here now. And You will still be here when I am distracted by the stormy waters churning at my feet. You will take my hand and lift me up.

Daddy, You are so good. I wish we could grasp it, just a little bit more. It is unbelievable, how much we take You for granted; I suppose it is only Your great mercy that keeps You from obliterating our arrogant and thankless hearts.

This love is ridiculous. This relentless, all-consuming love, showered on a people so mired in apathy, we are clueless of its immeasurable worth. God, save us! Open our eyes to the beauty of who You are again. Draw us back to our first love. The only love that has ever really mattered.

My God, do whatever it takes. I am lost without You.

No comments:

Post a Comment