Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Adventure is Out There!

"You have said to me, 'I know you very well, and I am pleased with you.' If I have truly pleased you, show me your plans so that I may know you and continue to please you." 


The LORD answered, "My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."


This is the conversation between God and Moses documented in Exodus 33. It's also the conversation I've been having with God for the past few weeks now. Though, the translation coming out of my life probably sounds more like this:

"GOD WHAT THE HECK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH MY LIFE???" 


"Alyssa, trust Me. I've got a plan. I'm not going to leave you alone in this. Relax."


Put this scene on repeat, and you basically have what my life currently consists of in a nutshell. I'll be the first to admit it's completely ridiculous, this cycle I'm stuck in. But it doesn't surprise me that I'm in this position. Sometimes, on the good days, I'm even a little glad. Sure, it's going to be rough--stepping out into the unknown and the uncertain is not my forte. I like stability, routine, safety. I like doing the things I know I'm good at. I like the familiar.

On the other hand. There is a part of me, a small portion not bound by cowardice, that wants an adventure. One of my greatest fears is living a mediocre life. Settling. Apathy. And if it takes being shoved off a cliff and free-falling while sheer terror shoots through my veins to keep me from that, then so be it.

...Later I might regret that last sentence. I really should be more careful with my words.

Regardless of what happens from here, I still believe God's promises are true. Wherever I go, He's going to go with me. What more do I need?  He will give me rest.

Only, not quite yet. For now, it's time to buckle down for the roller-coaster ride it'll take to get us there.


No comments:

Post a Comment