Monday, July 23, 2012

Old News.

Some days, I really feel the weight of Solomon's revelation, There is nothing new under the sun. Today is one of those days.

All these words. Arranged and rearranged in variations less infinite than we'd like to believe. And most of the arrangements that mean something to people have been branded cliché, and among writers, clichés are a crime at least as heinous as poor grammar.

Yes, today is one of those days. When cynicism is winning.

You realize, however, I can never end on that note. To end on that note would mean giving up, admitting defeat. And regardless of how I feel, I know that surrendering is not an option for me. Partially because I'm much too competitive to go down without a fight. But mostly because my victory has already been assured.

Sure, you've heard all these words before. They are nothing new. Cliché, even. But they are true. And the thing about truth is, no matter how many times we've heard it, I think we can always use a little reminding.

No comments:

Post a Comment