Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Dear God,

You knew exactly what I needed. It shouldn't surprise me, the way You always come through. But I find myself amazed, every single time, that You can be so faithful, so good.

Every time I've turned around these past few months, You've been reminding to trust You, regardless of my circumstances. Over, and over, and over again. And to make sure I get the message not just in my head, but also in my heart, You've been making me wait. You're still making me wait.

And I can't pretend that I'm okay. The truth is, I'm a mess. But deep down, I know something, and it's like the anchor that keeps pulling me back, time after time, regardless of the emotional currents I ride. I know, down deep in the center of my being, with a childish certainty I can't explain, that everything's going to be okay. The waves shove me this way and that on the surface, but in the depths, I feel Your Spirit holding me, and I am not afraid.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: Thank You, Daddy. As frustrated as I am in this place, as much as I would rather be anywhere else, I know that You have not abandoned me. In fact, You're transforming me in ways that will impact my life more than I can even imagine right now. So in the meantime, while I wait, my soul will bless Your name.


No comments:

Post a Comment