Friday, April 19, 2013

April Showers.

"Blessed are those whose strength is in You, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage. As they pass through the valley, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools. They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion." -Psalm 84:5-7

"The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. Elijah was a man just like us. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops." -James 5:16-18

"Do idols have the power to bring rain? Does the sky itself have the power to send down showers? No, it is You, LORD our God. You are our only hope, because You are the one who made all these things." -Jeremiah 14:22

"When the heavens are shut up and there is no rain because Your people have sinned against You, and when they pray toward this place and confess Your name and turn from their sin because You have afflicted them, then hear from heaven and forgive the sin of Your servants, Your people Israel. Teach them the right way to live, and send rain on the land You gave Your people as an inheritance." -1 Kings 8:35-36

"Listen, O heavens, and I will speak; hear, O earth, the words of My mouth. Let My teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew, like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants." -Deuteronomy 32:1-2

"Now listen, O Jacob, My servant, Israel, whom I have chosen. This is what the LORD says--He who made you, who formed you in the womb, and who will help you: Do not be afraid, O Jacob, My servant, Jeshurun, whom I have chosen. For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out My Spirit on your offspring and My blessing on your descendants. They will spring up like grass in a meadow, like poplar trees by flowing streams. One will say, 'I belong to the LORD'; another will call himself by the name of Jacob; still another will write on his hand, 'The LORD's,' and will take the name Israel." -Isaiah 44:1-5

"See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. I provide water in the desert and streams in the wasteland, to give drink to My people, My chosen, the people I formed for Myself that they may proclaim My praise." -Isaiah 43:19, 20b-21

"The land you are crossing the Jordan to take possession of is a land of mountains and valleys that drinks rain from heaven. It is a land the LORD your God cares for; the eyes of the LORD your God are continually on it from the beginning of the year to its end. So if you faithfully obey the commands I am giving you today--to love the LORD your God and to serve Him with all your heart and with all your soul--then I will send rain on your land in its season, both autumn and spring rains." -Deuteronomy 11:11-14

"I will send you rain in its season, and the ground will yield its crops and the trees of the field their fruit." -Leviticus 26:4

"I will rain down bread from heaven for you." -Exodus 16:4

"The Spirit is poured upon us from on high, and the desert becomes a fertile field, and the fertile field seems like a forest. Justice will dwell in the desert and righteousness live in the fertile field. The fruit of righteousness will be peace; the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever. My people will live in peaceful dwelling places, in secure homes, in undisturbed places of rest." -Isaiah 32:15-18

"The remnant of Jacob will be in the midst of many peoples like dew from the LORD, like showers on the grass, which do not wait for man or linger for mankind." -Micah 5:7

"The desert and the parched land will be glad; the wilderness will rejoice and blossom. Like the crocus, it will burst into bloom; it will rejoice greatly and shout for joy. The glory of Lebanon will be given to it, the splendor of Carmel and Sharon; they will see the glory of the LORD, the splendor of our God." -Isaiah 35:1-2

"The LORD will open the heavens, the storehouse of His bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands." -Deuteronomy 28:12

"Be glad, O people of Zion, rejoice in the LORD your God, for He has given you the autumn rains in righteousness. He sends you abundant showers, both autumn and spring rains, as before." -Joel 2:23

"There is the sound of heavy rain." -1 Kings 18:41



1 comment:

  1. The verse about pilgrimage has been coming to my mind a lot lately...our faith is definitely a journey and a process. (As well as the finished work on the cross.) "Continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling." Oh, paradoxes!

    ReplyDelete