Thursday, December 27, 2012

Dear,

I know your thoughts; I can hear them. (...engagements, graduate school, weddings, pregnancies, careers, babies, statuses upon statuses and photos upon photos, with hundreds of likes and congratulations and thanks-I-have-the-best-job/husband/kid-ever!, strung across Facebook like lights on an over-decorated Christmas tree, everyone smiling, happy, and living, everyone but...) 

You believe everyone else moves forward while you stand still. Your greatest fear is being left behind. But this is not a race, My love, and you are not losing.

I gave her those words because you needed to hear them. I gave her those words because they are true. Where you are is where you're supposed to be. You are not a late bloomer, dear one--just a different kind of bloom. You're not behind schedule--you're just on a different timeline. I have never been in the business of cookie-cutter lives. I value creativity over efficiency, for Time means naught to Me. Your story is as unique as the soul I fashioned to live it.

If you spend your life wrapped up in jealousy over everyone else's story, you will miss the beauty of your own. Don't be concerned if the plot looks nothing like the stories around you. Don't be afraid if it takes an unexpected twist. For I am the Author of this story, and I hold your best interest at heart.

You are exactly who I made you to be, Beloved. And you are right on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment