Saturday, December 15, 2012

All The Children of the World.

Let the little children come to Me, and I will sing lullabies into the smooth hollows of their ears, Baby, my hands are full of birds that sing and diamond rings, until they breathe easy and slip into dreams, away from the ugliness that is the world, their innocence lost the first time they opened their eyes, for I put them in your charge, and you are a shedder of blood and a spreader of hate.

Let the little children come to Me, for you will brand them with your prejudice, you will fill the beautiful ears of My precious ones with noise that drowns out My cries, I love you, I love you, I love you. You will watch them starve and let them die, you will throw them to the flames for the sake of the ideologies you serve. In times of tragedy, you will grieve their loss and then forget, but I will not forget, for there are not enough sparrows in the world to account for their worth.

Let the little children come to Me, for they are the ones who will lead you when you have lost your way. Take their hands in yours. Feed them when they are hungry. Give them a cup of cold water when they are thirsty. Children are dying every day, and if you let them, you will sink to the bottom of the sea with a millstone 'round your neck. But if you hold them close, if you cradle them in your lap, there you will discover My heart. There, you will learn to love.

Let the little children come to Me, and I will wrap their broken bodies in light. I will hush their crying, catch their tears in my fingertips. They will be birthed into innocence for the very first time, and to them I will give My Kingdom. Come, little children. Come.

No comments:

Post a Comment