Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Don't Count on Me.

I hope you don't count on me to say something profound. I hope you don't count on me to have the perfect words. I hope you don't count on me to bring you comfort.

God knows, I'll try. But I hope you don't count on me. Because I'm bound to fail.

It's my responsibility to be honest. It's my responsibility to love. It's my responsibility to write, because these words are gifts, given to me for a reason. These things I know, I know. But it's not my responsibility to save you. I feel the pressure, sometimes. But it's not my yoke to bear. If you put it on me, my spine will snap, and you will be alone.

I know because too often, I put that burden on myself. And I come so close to breaking.

We are fragile creatures, all of us. Every day we are catching cold and sinking into depression and losing our sanity and dying. I'm not saying there is no goodness or beauty left. I'm not saying we are without hope. I am only saying, it is a dangerous thing to count on me, or any of them, to save you.

Because we all need saving. And I've only ever met one Man who was strong enough to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment