Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Peace Out.

I get tired of thoughts, sometimes. Constantly racing through my brain, entangling themselves into a horrible mess, screaming at me while I take the tweezers and try to sort through, piece by piece.

And the thoughts are never alone. They come attached to waves of emotion that roll over me with less predictability than the tide, impair my vision, the thought that was clutched tightly in my hand swept away in an instant, I search for hours but cannot find it again.

I spoke to a friend last night over the phone. She said that she ultimately knows a decision is the right one because she has peace about it.

To me, peace is the quieting down of the thoughts and emotions. It is a place of wholeness and rest. Where we simply be, completely in the present, with no past or future in sight. It is the moment of stillness when we know that God is God.

Peace is a promise for us. All that is required is that we turn our eyes to Him. Everything else will evaporate in an instant.

No comments:

Post a Comment