Friday, May 11, 2012

Dear God,

Here I am. Poised on the brink, caught like a photograph in between motions. Waiting. Ears strained in the silence, every noise I try to interpret, translate into a logic I can follow. Listening.

I have never been any good at making decisions. I have never been any good at confidence.

You said I would hear Your voice and know. Help me to trust that. I don't want to move unless Your hand is guiding me. Just enough light to make the next step, that is all I am asking. I'm not ready for the rest of the journey yet. If You showed it to me, I would realize it is a mountain too big for me to climb. But one step I can handle, as long as Your hand is in mine.

This is me, giving You control (again), the only way I know how.

So there You go. I have smacked the ball over the net and thrown my racket down. Maybe the worry will come again, but it is not here now. You always arrive just in time.


1 comment:

  1. Alyssa, this is a very beautiful post. I had a similar experience with the Lord over the past few days. Learning to trust and also R-E-S-T in Him more and more, it's a very good thing! I can truly see how ever faithful He is, what an amazing savior we have. God bless you today. :o)

    ReplyDelete