Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Dear,

I crafted - the curve of your cheekbones from riverbed clay - smeared my thumb along the lines that formed your forehead. I blended - the paint I dipped your skin in - spun the colors threading the numbered strands of hair - I stitched to your scalp. I polished - your irises' deep-sparkling gemstones that burst - into bloom - at the center of your eyes. I loved - I loved - I loved.

You run - your fine-tuned fingers along the cracks - in the clay. You search - for imperfections - in the flawless form I made ( - and remade). You believe - the reflection rendered in your shadowed mirror - you are caught - in distortion, caught - in the absence of light. You despise - the fragility I cherish. You cry - weakness. You turn - that face, still marked - by the pattern of My fingerprints - and ask - why. And I answer - because, I love. I love - I love - I love.

I love the way you need Me - the way your weakness makes you desperate - the way your poverty drives you into My arms. I love that I alone can restore you - that I alone can make you whole. I love that your heart is tied forever to Mine - I love that in once-dirt, I unveil now-divine. I love that this is who I've designed you to be - a beautiful, inseparable, part of Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment