Wednesday, August 15, 2012

This is Me, Free.

Happy and knowin' it is not a matter of hand-clapping or foot-stomping; it's a matter of fight. Fight against the lies that bind, anxious thoughts like the angry buzz of bees, spinning always. Their honey is poison, I will not drink deep, anymore.

They say happiness is circumstantial, but I don't believe, that it is so far gone from self-control. Our happiness does not sit on a set of circumstances carved in stone, but on our perception of that writing on the wall, the fix of our focus. It comes down to a choice, it comes down to a will, it comes down to which detail we exalt above the rest.

That is why I [am learning] to be satisfied with the things I have and with everything that happens. I [am learning] the secret of being happy at any time and in everything that happens, when I have enough to eat and when I go hungry, when I have more than I need and when I do not have enough. [The secret is this:] I can do all things through Christ, because he gives me strength (Phil. 4:11-13)

Sorry, pity. The party's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment